As the weather is starting to cool down we thought we would share with you some of the reasons that our students should continue with their lessons and perhaps a few hints to survive the winter months.
- Students are more likely progress as they continue to develop new skills and refine existing skill.
- Most children who stop in winter do not retain the skills that they have acquired are more likely to go backwards in their skills due to lack of practice.
- Swimming lessons during winter allow students to develop water confidence in readiness for Summer , the season when they are most likely to spend the most time in the water and enjoy family based water activities.
- Swimming keeps children active throughout the winter and off the couch.
- Helps to keep children socially connected and encourages new friendships while having fun.
- Demand for lessons is high in the warmer months and it is often difficult to secure your spot if you wait too long.
- AS your swimming lesson membership offers access to the pool outside of lesson it can be a great way to have some family fun n a wet weekend.
A couple of hints to help survive the winter that always worked for our family.
- Have a warm shower and bring the children’s PJ’s to go home in.
- Always dry off their hair and maybe a beanie as well.
- Don’t go out into the cold in wet bathers and a towel.
- I sometimes bought with us a warm drink as well.
**Reminder there will be no swim lessons on Monday the 10th of June 2019