Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated 22 October 2021
Are your facilities open?
Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre – OPEN
- Gym only
- Pool remains closed
- Group fitness classes remain suspended
- Swim lessons remain suspended
- For full details click HERE
Wodonga WAVES – OPEN
Albury Swim Centre – OPEN
Lavington Swim Centre – OPEN
Is it safe to visit your facilities?
There are no known specific risks associated with visiting an aquatic centre or health club, and as such, these facilities are considered at the same risk level as visiting any public facility. At this stage, the risk of the community spreading COVID-19 through our facility is low.
What can I do to protect myself when visiting your facilities?
- Follow all staff instructions, social distancing and hygiene signage at all times.
- Use the provided hand sanitiser stations regularly, particularly when entering and exiting the facility.
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or a hand dryer.
- Wipe down any equipment you use throughout the centre with the wipes provided.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and others at all times.
I am sick, can I still visit your facilities?
We encourage anyone who has recently been or is currently sick, or who has been in contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 carrier to remain at home and to seek advice from a medical professional.
What will happen if a COVID-19 infected person visits one of your facilities?
We have a specific infection control and response plan in place, which includes actions for disinfection of a facility and communication to patrons.
In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 carrier visiting a facility, this plan will be activated.
Do I need to wear a face mask?
Yes. In line with the Victorian Government announcement a mask must be worn indoors from 11.59pm on 3 February 2021.
Exemptions apply to those aged under 12 years or with a medical exemption.
For further information please speak to our team during your next visit.
Will your staff be wearing masks?
In most cases, yes.
In line with advice from the Department of Health and Human Services, our staff may remove their mask in situations that would create a risk to health and safety related to their work.
Further information regarding this exemption is available at: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/face-masks-vic-covid-19 or ask to speak to our onsite COVID19 Safety Marshal.
Can I use change rooms or showers?
In line with current Government restrictions our changerooms and showers are currently closed.
Access to toilets is permitted.
When will my membership be reactivated?
Following an increase in capacity limits and when our normal service levels can resume.
While memberships remain suspended, members will be offered a discounted casual entry fee of $5 per visit.
WSLC Swim School
Are you running swimming lessons?
In line with the Government’s strict capacity limits, our swimming lessons have not yet returned; however our teachers remain eager and ready to go as soon as capacity limits increase!
Are you taking new enrolments?
Absolutely yes, and we currently have places available across all of our program levels.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team about enroling in the program please submit a web enquiry form by clicking HERE.
Still can’t find the answer you’re looking for?
If you still can’t find the answers you’re looking for, please contact our friendly team by calling (02) 6058 2555 or submit an online enquiry form by HERE.