Today we took a positive step forward, with the Victorian Government lifting many of the lockdown restrictions in regional areas from 11.59pm tomorrow (Thursday 9 September).
With this latest easing, we are excited to share that Wodonga WAVES will open as planned this Saturday 11 September with a strict capacity limit of 50 patrons.
Following the announcement, we have worked carefully to understand the impact of this limit on our operations and will be introducing the following opening hours (subject to change depending on further Government announcements) :
Monday to Friday :
- 6:00am to 7.00pm
Saturday and Sunday:
- 9:00am to 7.00pm
The Splash Park will temporarily remain CLOSED.
Entry Fees: While we operate in a restricted environment, casual entry or multi-visit passes will be available for purchase. All membership options will temporarily remain unavailable until our standard operations can resume.
COVID SAFE PROTOCOLS
To provide a safe environment for our customers and staff a number of COVID Safe protocols will be in place, including:
- A maximum of 50 patrons will be permitted at one time.
- To assist us in managing our capacity limits we kindly ask that only active participants and essential spectators attend.
- In line with Government restrictions, only residents of Regional Victorian communities will be permitted entry.
- Evidence of your residential address must be provided to gain entry.
QR CONTACT TRACING
- All patrons must sign-in using the Services Victoria app.
- Must be worn by all patrons aged 12 years or older, unless medically exempt and to only remove it if:
- Performing any exercise or class that causes you to be out of breath or puffing
- Entering the pool or using showers
While our remaining facilities including Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre (Pool closed, gym open to 10 people capacity only) , Albury Swim Centre and Lavington Swim Centre will remain closed, today’s news confirms that we are heading in the right direction and that if we continue on this path, we will see our doors reopen soon.
We wish to once again thank the entire community for their continued support throughout this latest lockdown and look forward to celebrating our safe reopening of Wodonga WAVES together this weekend!