With the Victorian Government accelerating its vaccination targets, our journey out of restrictions is now excitedly moving along a lot quicker!
From this Friday 22 October, we’re excited to increase our capacity limits at our Wodonga sites as follows:
- Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre = 30 people in our health club (previously 10). All other areas remain temporarily closed.
- Wodonga WAVES = 150 people (previously 50)
In line with current Government directions, our increased capacity limits require us to introduce new vaccination requirements for our customers, with all persons aged 16 years or older required to provide proof of their vaccination status or exemption to gain entry.
Please be mindful, that while our team do not create the rules, they are required to enforce them, and we thank you in advance for your understanding as we navigate the new vaccination requirements as they come into effect.
NEW VACCINATION CHECKING PROCESS
To ensure we meet the requirements of the directions, all customers aged 16 years or older must provide proof of vaccination or exemption in order to gain entry to our facilities. This must be shown each time you visit and a copy carried with you (either electronically or printed) at all times. Currently we are not permitted to record your vaccination status and as such, you will be asked to show proof each time you visit.
To speed up the entry process, we encourage you to link your vaccination record to the Services Victoria app. Instructions on how to do this are available at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate
Approved options for proving your vaccination status include:
- Your COVID-19 digital certificate which can be accessed through the Services Victoria app, the Express Plus Medicare app or via your Medicare online account through myGov.
- A printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement (available through myGov)
- A signed copy of your exemption form
- Further information on how to access your vaccination record is available at: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/get-your-covid-19-digital-certificate
In line with Government advice, unvaccinated persons or those who cannot provide proof of their vaccination status will not be permitted entry, and penalties may apply to those who do not comply or who carry a fake form of vaccination proof.
COVID SAFE PROTOCOLS
- Showers and change facilities remain CLOSED
- Access to toilets remains available
- We encourage all customers to come dressed in appropriate gym/swim attire
QR Contact Tracing
- All patrons must sign-in using the Services Victoria app.
- Must be worn by all patrons aged 12 years or older, unless medically exempt and to only remove it if entering the pool
As always, we will continue to be guided by relevant Government advice, announcements and restrictions, and will continue to provide updates via our social media pages and website as information is released.
A FINAL MESSAGE TO OUR COMMUNITY
Our team are here to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all, so please remember to be kind and show understanding as we work to ensure this continues while we adhere to the latest restrictions.
To everyone in our community who has played their role to support the Roadmap, we say a big thank you and look forward to seeing you again soon!