Aligned Leisure managed Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre has been awarded Aquatic and Recreation Victoria’s (ARV) Facility of the Year (Medium) at the 2023 ARV Awards in Melbourne.
Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre was noted as the best in the state in the category for its customer-focused experience, community programming, local employment opportunities and sustainability standards.
Key highlights of the award recognitions included:
- Significant growth and record high attendances throughout 2022;
- The community approved preparedness to reopen following COVID lockdowns and the strategic planning put into place with the border closure barriers during this time;
- Ongoing high performance in measurement outcomes relating to community programs and high community engagement;
- High community engagement;
- Innovative programming;
- Environmental sustainability; and,
- Outstanding results in Human Resource management and career progression opportunities.
Wodonga Council Sport and Recreation Manager Liona Edwards said the award recognized the impact of the partnership between Aligned Leisure Albury Wodonga Aquatics Facility Management and the council.
“The ARV Awards are highly contested, and this win acknowledges the high quality of work the team at the Wodonga Sports and Leisure consistently deliver. The council is proud to partner with Aligned Leisure in the management of Wodonga and Albury’s Aquatics facilities and we congratulate the Albury Wodonga Aligned Leisure team.”
Wodonga Sports and Leisure Centre Manager, Maurice Eames, added that this award recognizes the outstanding efforts of both council and Aligned Leisure to bounce back after 2 years of disruptions to operations and staffing restrictions. The management and staff have displayed a relentless attitude towards providing professional service to all.
Winning this award is recognition of the great teamwork from staff within the Albury Wodonga Aligned Leisure team.
Aligned Leisure also wish to acknowledge other finalist nominations for the 2023 ARV Awards:
- Duty Manager Award – Zachary Macciocca, Eltham Leisure Centre (Winner)
- Duty Manager Award – Jake Clark, Mildura Waves Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Swim Teacher Award – Andrea Brown, Mildura Waves Aquatic and Leisure Centre
- Swim Teacher of People with a Disability Award- Angie Dean, Cardinia Life Leisure Centre
- Swim School Award – Cardinia Life Leisure Centre
- Personal Trainer/Gym instructor Award – Dylan Henderson, Eltham Leisure Centre (Winner)
- Facility Management Award (Seasonal) – Wodonga Waves
- Facilities Management Award (Small) – Caulfield Grammar (Winner)