Did you know:
- 67% of drowning deaths of children under the age of 5 years were in swimming pools.
- It only takes 20 second for a child to drown in as little as 3cm of water.
- 291 people drowned in Australia last year, 25% were swimming recreationally, and 16% were from falls into water.
From Monday the 3rd or December to Sunday the 9th, our swim lesson program will be joining in on National Water Safety Week. Our focus this year being Watch Around the Water. A campaign designed by Royal Life Saving to keep Australians safe around water.
Our facilities are accredited Watch Around the Water facilities meaning there are guidelines that must be followed when visiting.
- Children under the age of 5 must remain within ARMS reach at all times. If the child is in the water, the parent or guardian must be in the water too.
- Children under the age of 10 must be ACTIVELY supervised by an adult at all times.
This week during swim lessons, the teachers will be running a slightly different program to encourage the learning of both child and parent about how to be more safe around the water.
Please remember: Parent supervise. Lifeguards save lives.
Here are some great videos for you to watch about being safe around the water.