Spring is well and truly with us; the blossoms are out, and the days are warming up.
We have been busy with a variety of activities in childcare, making our blossom tree, experimenting with colour, playing board games that require cooperation and concertation, great conversations are happening with our bugs in the pond, the threading activity is challenging children with their eye hand coordination and persistence and our ever consistent activities that provide familiarity painting, story corner, puzzle, blocks and construction and the babies mat.
The program aims to;
- Build on interests and strengths
- Consolidate skills and introduce new skills – problem solving
- Challenge and inspire curiosity
- Build on relationships with peers and Educators
- Enhance new and varied relationships
- Encourage exploration
- Tolerance, acceptance of others and their differences
- Communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Teaching independence – doing for yourself
- Show care and concern for others and the environment
- Fine / Gross motor skills, cognitive development, social skills, language skills, emotional development
- Have fun!
We will be making use of the outdoor space so please remember your child’s hat and apply sunscreen before you arrive for your session.
School holidays have started and with that our opening days reduce to Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Term 4 starts on Monday the 8th October. Bookings for next term are opened and being taken in childcare.